Tag: 湖南涉外经济学院女生兼职

first_img January 19, 2011 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Four years after editor’s murder, investigative reporter publishes new evidence Turkey’s never-ending judicial persecution of former newspaper editor Help by sharing this information April 28, 2021 Find out more News RSF_en Organisation Reporters Without Borders welcomes a new book by investigative reporter Nedim Sener that sheds light on the murder of Hrant Dink, a Turkish newspaper editor of Armenian origin who was gunned down on the street outside the office of his weekly Agos in the Istanbul district of Sisli exactly four years ago today. Released four days ago by Turkish publishing house Dogan and entitled “Red Friday: who broke Dink’s pen?”, Sener’s book accuses the Istanbul police of lying at the start of the trial of those accused of murdering Dink. Sener supports this claim with a copy of a memo dated 2 March 2004 (three years before Dink’s murder), in which Istanbul deputy director of security Hakan Aydin Türkeli requests protection for Dink’s home and office because of threats prompted by an article about the Armenian origin of the Sabiha Gökçen, the adopted daughter of the Turkish republic’s founder, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, and another article entitled “Armenian Identity.”The memo said Dink had been threatened by ultranationalist groups. During a protest outside Agos on 26 February 2004, Dink had a received a threatening phone call in which he was told: “Hrant Dink, you are now the target of our hate! You are now in the Turkish nation’s sights!”Türkeli sent his memo explicitly requesting protection for Dink to the police in Bakirköy, the neighbourhood where Dink lived, to the police in Sisli, where the newspaper is located, and to the police anti-terrorism department. These police units all denied having been told about threats to the newspaper editor.In response to a request by the Dink family’s lawyer, senior Istanbul police officers were questioned on 1 May 2008 about the threats Dink had received before his death. Former police intelligence chief Ali Fuat Yilmazer replied: “We have no information to the effect that (Hrant) Dink received any threat whatsoever before he was murdered.” Anti-terrorism section chief Selim Kutkan said: “No document of this nature exists in police archives.”The book also asks the following question: How is it possible that the Istanbul police were unaware of a later warning in a report dated 15 February 2006 from the police in Trabzon (the home town of most of the accused killers), which clearly stated that, “Yasin Hayal is going to kill Hrant Dink at all costs.” Sener’s book also reports that Ogün Samast, the youth who allegedly shot Dink, was relieved to be arrested the day after the murder because “a nationalist group was ready to eliminate him as soon as he arrived in the city of Giresun.” That at least is what Samast told investigators from the prime minister’s office on 15 April 2008 although he refused to sign the statement.Reporters Without Borders urges the Turkish courts to take account of the facts reported in Sener’s book when reaching their decisions in this case, following the lead taken by the European Court of Human Rights last September. It is vital that all those who were in any way involved in this terrible murder should be brought to justice, regardless of their position within the state apparatus. The next hearing in the trial of the 19 people currently being tried before an Istanbul court for Dink’s murder will take place on 7 February. During the last hearing, Samast’s case was unexpectedly transferred to a court for minors in Sultanahmet on the grounds that he was a minor at the time of the murder .Dink’s death will be commemorated at 3 p.m. today in Sisli, at the place where he was gunned down. April 2, 2021 Find out more Journalists threatened with imprisonment under Turkey’s terrorism law April 2, 2021 Find out morecenter_img News TurkeyEurope – Central Asia to go further Receive email alerts TurkeyEurope – Central Asia News News Human rights groups warns European leaders before Turkey summit Follow the news on Turkeylast_img read more

Read more

first_img78 Primrose St, Belgian Gardens.THIS four-bedroom Belgian Gardens home has all the charm and character expected from a house that is nearly 100 years old – but walk inside and you’ll find no shortage of modern amenities.Unlike a traditional Queenslander which can often be cramped inside, 78 Primrose St offers open plan living with a spacious kitchen that opens out to a paved outdoor living area complete with a swimming pool and wood-fired pizza oven. 78 Primrose St, Belgian Gardens.Mr Short said the home was actually mining cottages that were transported from Paluma and joined to make one house. The home is also fitted with a 5kW solar system while it is set on the crest of an elevated ridge line providing cool breezes and plenty of natural light.The streamlined kitchen has stone composite tops with stainless steel appliances while the dining room is big enough to comfortably fit a 12-seat table.The home is set on a, 1012sq m allotment with a big grassed yard, double car accommodation and adjoining storeroom. It’s superbly located within walking distance to Soroptomist Park and in the catchment area for Belgian Gardens State School. 78 Primrose St, Belgian Gardens.Selling agents Tracey Stack and Emma Nancarrow from Smith & Elliott said the house would make a great family home.“It’s really a Queenslander with a modern twist,” they said.“It’s a real character house but it is very functional and with the floor plan you have a really big open living area and kitchen.“One of the things that is really great about this house is you can stand in the kitchen and cook and see the kids swimming in the pool or you can look the other way and see them playing in the yard.” 78 Primrose St, Belgian Gardens.More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020Mr Short said he would love for another family who will make their own happy memories to buy the home.“Now that we have done the renovations we’re really happy with the new amenities,” he said.“We had lived in it for 10 years when we did the renovations so we knew exactly what we wanted to do.“I think there is something special about this house because I know there is a lot of Queenslanders but they can be small and pokey but because this is a big Queenslander, it’s all on one level and we have modernised it, it’s a bit different to everything else out there.” 78 Primrose St, Belgian Gardens.The home was refurbished and expertly redesigned three years ago to deliver the perfect combination of old world charm and modern living.It’s hit the market for $799,000 and is in the tightly held suburb of Belgian Gardens in easy walking distance to the beach.John Short has lived in the home with his wife and three daughters for the past 14 years and says it holds many happy memories.He is saying goodbye to the home his daughters grew up in and upgrading to take advantage of Townsville’s affordable property market.last_img read more

Read more

first_img411 Brisbane Corso, Yeronga.In true Queenslander style, all the doors and windows can be opened so nature light and air can flow through the open plan living spaces. 411 Brisbane Corso, Yeronga.FANCY waking up to your very own view of the Brisbane River each morning? 411 Brisbane Corso, Yeronga.Laze around the pool while sipping on your favourite drop from the wine cellar or bask in the outdoor ambience on the third storey’s private balcony.It may have had a contemporary makeover but its character hasn’t wavered.center_img More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus22 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market22 hours ago411 Brisbane Corso, Yeronga.This luxurious riverfront home offers a slice of paradise with its elegant features and sweeping views.The five bedroom, four bathroom home at 411 Brisbane Corso, Yeronga, sits on a 1057sq m block and has its own pontoon and boatshed.last_img read more

Read more

first_imgThe Big Ten proved itself once again to be one of the most brutal conferences to play in from top to bottom on Monday night.The University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team, currently No. 12 in the nation, welcomed in the Rutgers Scarlet Knights to the Kohl Center. The Scarlet Knights kept it close throughout the duration of the game, but the Badgers came out victorious in the end, 69–64. The Badgers got off to a lackadaisical start on defense allowing Rutgers to shoot 62.5 percent from the field (10-16 FG’s) through the first 12 minutes of the game. Rutgers led by as many as 10 points in the first half, and their offensive surge was led by Geo Baker who tallied nine points before heading to the bench with two fouls.The Trice is Right: Point guard’s return fuels Badgers hot startAs the 2018-19 University of Wisconsin Men’s basketball season has gotten off to an excellent start, the return of redshirt Read…The Badger opened up the second half with a 13–4 scoring run to give them a 39–35 lead with a little more than 15 minutes left in the game. The offensive spark was thanks to Khalil Iverson, who scored the first four points of the half, including a steal that he took coast to coast for a transition layup.Wisconsin never gave up the lead once they went ahead, but Rutgers never went away either, making it a battle all the way till the end. Wisconsin’s defense tightened up in the second half as they forced eight missed shots from Baker while holding him to just six points. Baker finished with 15 points while shooting 35.3 percent from the field.  “They made some timely shots and we didn’t,” Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell said.The most timely shot of them all came from who else but D’Mitrik Trice. Trice came around the screen on a dribble pull up from deep with 56 seconds left in the game to extend the Badgers lead to 65–57. Trice finished with 14 points while shooting six for nine from the field.Men’s basketball: Late game threes give Badgers victory in Big Ten opener over No. 14 HawkeyesThe No. 22 University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team put their money where their mouth is after being tested in Read…Domination from within the post was the theme in tonight’s matchup, as the two teams combined for 74 points in the paint.Ethan Happ dropped in 20 points for the Badgers, all of which came from the low post. Nate Reuvers was a very nice compliment to Ethan Happ as he added 10 points to the box score, including a huge three-pointer on the dish from Happ in the post. On the flip side of the ball, Eugene Omoruyi poured in 17 points, 14 of which came within the painted area. The Badgers will have tomorrow off before they start preparations for an in-state rivalry game against the Marquette Golden Eagles Saturday.last_img read more

Read more